From your general care doctor to the chiropractor to the dentist, let alone all the doctors for your children, scheduling an eye appointment may take the backburner when you’re scheduling your yearly medical appointments. With a busy schedule and a plethora of other doctors’ appointments to make, it’s easy to forget about your eyecare. Though understandable, not scheduling time for your eyes and vision to be examined by an optician is a bad habit to get into.
We use our eyes everyday, so it’s essential that we get them checked just as we do the rest of our bodies. Whether you need a general checkup or need to renew your prescription, now is the time to get an eye exam. In today’s blog post, we’re going to be sharing how you can tell if and when you need an eye exam. Continue reading to learn more and call Visions Optique in Scottsdale to schedule your eyecare exam today. Don’t put it off any longer!
Signs That You Need Schedule An Eye Exam
- You are experiencing dry, red, and itchy eyes — Any continual discomfort in your eyes is a clear sign that you need to head into the opticians office for an exam. This includes any dryness, redness, and itchiness. If you are seeing spots or floaters, or even flashes of light, it’s time to call up your eye doctor.
- Your eyes are feeling strained and you’re getting headaches — It’s easy for our eyes to get strained. From looking at computer screens at work to staring at our smartphones, tablets, and the television on our off hours, our eyes are easily be strained from all the blue light. If you’re experiencing consistent eye strain and resulting headaches, it’s time to make your way to your optician for an exam.
- You have a history of diabetes, glaucoma, and/or macular degeneration — Unfortunately, eye diseases can be passed down hereditarily. If you have a family history of diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, or any other eye disease, it’s essential that you schedule routine eyecare. Failing to be proactive with your eyecare could result in loss of vision, premature eye disease, and much more. Since many health conditions can be detected in our eyes, it’s critical that optical health care be taken seriously.
- You need a new contact or glasses prescription — If you haven’t gotten your eyes and your contact or glasses prescription checked in awhile, you could experience some eye strain and headaches. If this is the case, then it’s time to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor to get a new prescription and get your eyes examined.
- You haven’t been to the eye doctor in a while — Routine eye exams are essential for your overall health. If you can’t remember the last time you saw an eye doctor, take it as a sign to schedule an appointment immediately. From preventing loss of vision to detecting any eye diseases to getting a new prescription, there are many health benefits of seeing your eye doctor annually.
If you live in the Scottsdale area, give Visions Optique a call to schedule an eye exam today.